The special rules of order below have been customized and adopted by EAP for use with Adobe Connect.
- Members and guests attending an electronic meeting must provide their full names as they sign into the meeting. Those failing to do so may be barred or ejected from the meeting.
- Members and guests may join the meeting on any computer or smart device with an internet connection (via the Adobe Connect app). Members using desktop or laptop computers may use their computer microphones and speakers for audio connection, or may connect their audio through a smart device.
- Each member is responsible for his or her connection to the Internet and teleconference; no action shall be invalidated on the grounds that the loss of, or poor quality of, a member’s individual connection prevented him or her from participating in the meeting, provided that at least a quorum of members was connected and adequately able to participate.
- The chair may cause or direct the temporary disconnection or muting of a member’s connection if it is causing undue interference with the electronic meeting. The chair’s decision to do so, which is subject to an undebatable appeal that can be made by any member, shall be announced during the meeting and be recorded in the minutes.
A. To seek recognition by the chair, a member shall cause his or her hand icon to be raised. Upon recognition of a member, the chair shall cause the lowering of all “raise hand” icons.
B. Another member who claims preference in recognition shall thereupon promptly raise (or raise again) his or her hand icon, and the chair shall recognize the member for the limited purpose of determining whether that member is entitled to preference in recognition.
- A member who intends to make a motion that under the rules may interrupt a speaker shall cause the member’s “Disagree” icon (red-filled circle with an “X”) to be raised. This icon shall not be used to indicate opposition.
- A member intending to make a main motion, to offer an amendment, or to propose instructions to a committee, shall, before or after being recognized, post the motion in writing to the “Everyone Chat” window. Use of the “Everyone Chat” window shall be restricted to posting the text of intended motions.
- Any vote may be taken using the Adobe Connect polling feature or by a show of hands (using the raise hand feature) at the discretion of the presiding officer. Unless otherwise ordered by the assembly, such a vote shall be treated as a Division of the Assembly. Unanimous consent may also be used for approval of motions.
- A ballot vote shall be taken using the Members Only area of the website for those with credentials one day prior to the meeting. The presiding officer or his/her designee shall provide further instructions on how to cast a ballot vote.